The City

09:13

I live in the City, I have for years on and off and, for the most part, it's the greatest place to be. There is always something new to do, a celebration, a new exhibition or events out and about.  But there are those days where I just want to walk without seeing a single soul, on a beach or in a forest, just to get lost in myself and nature. And I can't do that in the City.

I read an interesting article the other day about how it feels to live in the city and this lady hit the nail right on the head, you are in a sea of people, hundreds, thousands and yet you can feel so alone. I can relate. At the age of 23, I still don't have a tight group of friends or a large family surrounding me and so loneliness finds me a lot more often than other people.

I like to walk, as you may have noticed, and it really helps to calm me down and rearrange my thoughts, travelling also helps with this.
A downside, however, is that most things in the city cost a lot of money even to travel around for the day and at the moment this is where my problem lies. I am currently unemployed, yet again, and it's a horrible feeling not knowing where your next source of income will come from. It's scary, but it also opens me up to new opportunities. Remaining positive is a must in these situations, if I let myself get consumed by the bad I will never try to improve my life for the better.

Let's be excited for the future, and wish everyone the best on the way.
Being humble and kind are priceless traits to have, be aware that everyone has their own problems and that is why we are all different and wonderful people.

Enjoy the journey along with the destination.








You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe