Recipe: Butternut Squash and Carrot Soup

00:35

It was an experimental cooking day for me the other day, to a certain extent, I mean I have made soup before, but I decided to follow my own recipe instead of others, which basically consists of throwing things in a pan and hoping for the best!


I made Butternut Squash and Carrot soup, it had a bit of a kick to it, but it was delicious none the less. 

Ingredients: 
  • Butternut Squash (Half) 
  • Carrots (3-5) 
  • 1 White Onion
  • Black pepper
  • Chilli Flakes (optional) 
  • 300ml of Hot Water
  • Pumpkin seeds (dressing) 
Method:


Sauteed Vegetables


  1. First of all, I chopped the onion, Butternut Squash and Carrots into small chunks.
  2. Then, I added the white onion to the pan to soften, after it was fairly soft I added the Butternut Squash and Carrots and sauteed for about 30-40 minutes until the squash was soft. 
  3. If the pan starts to burn a bit add a little bit of the water!
  4. Then after it has softened add the hot water and simmer for about 30 minutes until the ingredients look soft enough to mash. 
  5. Then I seasoned with salt&pepper, chilli flakes and pumpkin seeds (add the spices you like) it's an extremely flexible recipe!
  6. Lastly, I placed into a blender and whizzed it all into a thick soup.
  7. Then eat and enjoy!

(With the other half of the Squash, I simply roasted it and used it in a salad!)


And there you have it, a nice thick, Vegan Soup
Perfect for the Winter Weather!





Butternut Squash and Carrot Soup

Soup dressed with Pumpkin seeds



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe